Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Amazing Stories: 2013 Recap - My Year in Science Fiction Poetry

My latest post for Amazing Stories went up today. In it I take a look back at 2013 in respect to my activities with Science Fiction Poetry, on Amazing Stories and elsewhere. You'll find links to everything (I hope!), in case you missed anything! :-)

A snippet:

...This has been an amazing journey for me. When I decided to try my hand at reviewing SF Poetry, it was a purely altruistic endeavor. I thought surely there must be others out there, who, like me, aren’t poets themselves, but love poetry and would like to read more. Poets are usually reviewed by and for other poets. But I thought genre poets needed a spokesperson who was not “one of them”. Now, why I thought I had any business becoming that person, I don’t know, but I was on a mission. At first, I’m never quite sure what to write about the poetry I read, but when I put pen to paper (quite literally), something flows out. Whether it’s any good or not, I couldn’t say. I may not have the structured learning of an English major but I have learned so much (on the job) reviewing poetry, and in the interviews, and I hope that at least my enthusiasm comes through....

Go here to read the whole post and enjoy!

I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to another amazing year in Science Fiction Poetry!

* * *

No comments: